What are Managed Services?
Managed services refer to IT services delivered in a defined manner with a predictable expense. Typically, managed services are delivered with a remote monitoring and management (RMM) system that allows an IT solution provider to monitor the health and performance of customer IT assets 24/7. RMM means that we can perform proactive maintenance efficiently to stabilize your IT, and respond with rapid remote remediation when things go wrong.
Business Before and After Managed Services
Business without managed services is more reactive, costly, and unpredictable. Consider the impact of unscheduled downtime, caused by a virus or technical failure. The average costs to small and midsized businesses can be staggering. A Gartner study revealed that each unmanaged desktop costs businesses an average of $4000 a year in emergency services, lost productivity and opportunity costs, with an annual total cost of ownership (TCO) that is typically 42% higher than for managed PCs and 29% higher for unmanaged laptops.
With Third Octet, you can expect to experience a dramatic reduction of unscheduled downtime and lower IT costs because problems will be detected and resolved faster—often before you’re even aware of them. Managed services also helps you reduce and optimize your IT spending, keep more of your internal resources focused on core business activities, and arms you with accurate data about the health and performance of your IT assets.
Solution Overview – Monitoring and Remediation
Our remote monitoring and management platform consists of a single, lightweight piece of software installed once at each site. This software performs secure, comprehensive scans of your environment to gather the up-to-date information that Third Octet needs to manage your IT assets with unparalleled efficiency. With this, we can monitor and manage anything with an IP address, including: desktops, laptops, servers, managed switches, routers, firewalls, gateways, VoIP switches and phones, printers, faxes or scanners, off-the-shelf and custom applications, specialized equipment and environmental control devices, internal and external websites, SaaS resources, virtual machines and much more. Third Octet’s Monitoring and Remediation solution includes:
24 x 7 Monitoring and Alerting
- Third Octet will proactively monitor your network and remotely address potential points of failure before they become critical
- When a site visit is required, immediate, automatic alerts guarantee a rapid response
- Initial network scan to discover and assess potential points of failure
- Ongoing scanning for up-to-date hardware, software and patch information that can also be used for theft, flood and fire insurance or taxation purposes
- Warranty tracking makes sure you don’t pay for maintenance twice
- Extensive reporting gives you a bird’s-eye view of your entire network’s security
- Continuous monitoring and alerting for viruses, worms, malware, and attempted network access by unauthorized users
- Network scans will also detect high-bandwidth interactive games or illegal peer-to-peer file sharing applications that monopolize business resources and often introduce viruses and spyware
- Patch inventory ensures your operating systems are up-to-date and not exposed to vulnerabilities
- Third Octet minimizes disruptions to your work environment by resolving issues proactively
- Deep, remote visibility into the health and performance of your IT assets allows us to diagnose problems faster than ever
- You’ll get comprehensive, graphical reports every month
- Accurate, up-to-date data simplifies capacity management and upgrade planning
Quarterly Business Reviews
- We’ll meet every quarter to discuss the overall health and performance of your IT assets and ways to get the most out of your investments
- Extensive data about your IT will support more accurate budget forecasting
Interested in learning more, or exploring a no-obligation 30-day complimentary monitoring trial, please contact us for more information at (647) 728-0610, or firstname.lastname@example.org.